Yum! Yum! We had a craving for quesadilla’s at my house tonight and they were delicious. It was really easy to make and we used my homemade whole-wheat tortillas! Taste great served with rice, guacamole or salsa. Enjoy!
Oil (I used butter)
3 uncooked Chicken cutlets, cut into small pieces, or cooked chicken shredded
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Ivory Bell Pepper
1/2 large Onion
3/4 teaspoon Chili powder
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
Salt and pepper
Juice of one lemon or lime
2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese
Frozen Corn, Mushrooms, Zucchini , Or any other vegetables you want to throw in there.
1. Heat butter in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute’ until translucent.
2. Add chicken (If chicken is already cooked add other vegetables before adding chicken). Then add spices and lemon juice.
3. Once chicken is cooked halfway add the other vegetables.
4. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Once thoroughly cooked remove chicken mixture from heat.
5. Place a tortilla in the empty skillet and heat until warmed. Once warmed add a little Monterey Jack cheese, then some of the chicken mixture, then a little more cheese, and top with another tortilla.
6. Once the cheese has started to melt flip the tortilla and warm the other side.
7. Enjoy once heated completely!