I am not a fan of pumpkin flavored things, but I love this cake recipe especially the icing. It’s probably one of the tastiest things I have ever eaten. The cinnamon and pumpkin in this recipe makes it a great recipe to use year after year as a favorite Fall/Thanksgiving cake! It’s really moist and the icing just melts in your mouth. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
*The picture does not do this cake justice. The flavor is amazing and it’s super moist!
Homemade Pumpkin Cake
2 cups of Flour
½ tsp. of Salt
2 tsp. Of Cinnamon
1½ tsp. of Baking Soda
1 can (15 or 16 oz.) of Pumpkin
2 tsp. of Baking Powder
2 cups of Sugar
1 cup of Oil
4 Large Eggs
*This Pumpkin Cake recipe is intended for either 3 round pans, a tube pan, a Bundt pan, or a 13×9 pan
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine all of the above ingredients in a large bowl.
6. Bake for one hour or until you can insert a toothpick and pull it out clean (usually takes less time for three round pans)
7. Let the cake cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Then, remove the cake from the pan and allow it to cool on a cooling rack for one more hour. Ice cake with icing recipe below.
1 package (8 oz) Cream Cheese, whipped
2 cups Whipping Cream (heavy cream, liquid like milk kind)
½ tsp Vanilla
1 ½ cups Powdered Sugar (more if needed)
Glazed store bought (or homemade) walnuts or pecans
1. Cream ½ cup sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
2. Slowly add cream and sugar alternately.
3. Stir in vanilla and add more powdered sugar if necessary, until the icing is the right consistency to spread. Ice the cake when cake is completely cool.
4. Before serving add glazed store bought (or homemade) walnuts or pecans.